Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Expressions of Love and Loss

Bruises

My lips are bruised.
My fingers are raw.
I can still feel your hands burning up my back
and digging into my curls,
Searching for something to hold on to,
to ground you.
My thighs burn.
My ribs ache from where you held me.
I can see my bite on your lower lip,
turning bright red from passion and pain.
I can feel the heat of your breath on my neck,
Searching for something to ground you.
I can feel the drive behind your shoulders as I cling to you.
I feel my entire body seizing up,
not wanting to let go,
For fear that we may have to go back to our realities.


Hurt

So much hurts in the world today.
Distrust, people not believing that you have worked as hard as you really have.
Dismissal, having a need to let go of those whom you love.
Loss, a knowledge that there is something missing that you will never get back.
Questioning, wondering why things can't just be simple.

Wondering if my life will work out like I so hope it will.
Feeling the pain constantly,
When I wake up.
When I go to sleep.

Constantly missing the warmth of your body next to mine.
Craving your hands filtering through my hair.
Your lips pressed against my shoulder blades.

There's so much hurt that my body is filled with it.
It pours out of my skin and creates a gaping void.
I wish I could figure out our lives so I could avoid the pain.
But it's impossible...and I just keep coming back for it all.


Confusion

Do you actually want this like I do?
I can feel the passion and questions humming from your body.
I can see it in your eyes...
You want me, but you don't want to change for it.
You still want me to chase after you.

But when I do, you back away.
I can feel the fear behind you not answering the phone.
I can't put my finger on it,
But I know you don't really want this.
Why is my only question.
I can't figure out how so much can change over four hours.
And I'm left...
Continually questioning.

No comments: